Monday, December 10, 2012

HELLO AGAIN FROM IRELAND!!!!!!!!!‏

Hi-ya Family and Friends,

Can't believe that Christmas is in 2 weeks! Time here on the mission is going a tiny bit faster. Hard to believe I am almost 1/3 of the way through my mission. Craziness!!!!!!! Then thinking I still got a year left sounds long but it is good because each day I am able to see God's blessings for me and others more fully. Everyday I am able to see God's hand in our lives. Some days are easier to recognize but each day nonetheless. The beginning of this week was great but all the fun that I can think of happened at the end of the week. Thursday through saturday I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with Sister MIllward again but this time I got to go to Limerick. My first area!!! It was such a BLAST!!! I didn't see too many members but I got to see the ones I missed the most. I saw the Condies (the senior couple there) and Roisin, one of the young adults in the ward that I got along with real well. I saw a few more people but those were the highlights. Since Sister Millward and I get along so well, we had fun all weekend long. We were just saying hi to everyone and their dog on the streets and had some funny conversations with  some people on the street and found a couple more people that she can teach. I realized that unity in the companionship does have a HUGE impact on the work. Luckily Sister Garlock and I have lots of fun together too and are unified in the work as well :) One cool story happened saturday night. After I arrived back we had to go straight to the ward Christmas party (which was awesome). So once we had the opportunity to take all my stuff back to the flat it was almost 8:30pm. We were soooo tired and we struggled getting out of the flat since we knew we had to be out til nine. We finally convinced each other to go out finding around our block. Most people ignored us and walked on or just accepted our pass along cards but then..... we met Liam. He is in his 60's. We told him about how we were here to help people strengthen their faith in Christ and how we know Christ can help us. He wasn't sure how much he really believed in Christ. We then shared a Alma 7:12 with him and gave him the Book of Mormon and told him to read that chapter and pray to God to know of his love for him. We then asked if we could pray with him and he said sure. So Sister Garlock said a wonderful prayer specifically for Liam and after the prayer we were all quiet and Liam had tears in his eyes. We told him we knew it was God letting him know that He loves him and is aware of him and his difficulties. Liam didn't talk much about it but said he would read. I hope he will be baptized but if that was the last time I see him I will be okay because I know that, that is what we were suppose to do and satan did also, that is why we were so tempted to just say in for 30 minutes instead of go out. God and Christ are in this work and I am blessed to be apart of it. I love you all and hope you are doing well. Hope to have pictures next week. 
Love,
Sister Nicoll

No comments:

Post a Comment