Monday, July 23, 2012


Sent: July 23, 2012
First week in the field!!!!!!!!!‏

Hello Everyone,
This has been a crazy crazy week. I will probably forget to write a lot of important things but that is okay! I am missing the MTC! I am so thankful for the experiences I had there. The Sisters and Elders that I got to spend so much time with. My companion from the MTC is serving in Manchester, England mission. But off to a new adventure. We left early early Wednesday morning. I had to be up at 4 am and leave at 5:30am and got to Edenburgh at about 11am. Once we got there we went and hiked Pratt’s Hill with all the trainees and trainers along with President and Sister Brown. It was FREEZING! It was raining pretty hard (at least for an Arizona girl) and the wind was blowing hard. So it wasn’t a beautiful experience physically but spiritually it was. They told us about how Orsen Pratt hiked that hill and dedicated himself to the Lord for his mission and they asked us to do the same. So we all went off and said our own prayers and it was just really neat. We then went back to the mission home and changed. Next was a delicious meal. Potatoes of course with some meat. Then came our moment to find out who our trainers were. Most of them I felt I could get along with. They were all sweet and fun. Except one. She was pretty loud basically the whole time and just wasn’t someone who I would really get along with. And you guessed it. She is my trainer. God sure knows what we need to learn and grow. That is how it was in the MTC also. I could see myself getting along with all the others but the one I am called with is the one I am least likely to get along with. But it is okay. So I am called to serve in Limerick, Ireland and my trainer is Sister Jedlickova. She is from the Czech Republic and I am still working on how to pronounce her name. You pronounce it like yed-leech-kova. Very interesting.  She has been out for about a year. She is really stressed being a trainer because she is use to being a junior companion. This is her first time training and being in charge. So she doesn’t like going slower with it all. She is pretty good though. We decided last night we will help each other in the areas we lack in and help each other grow and get rid of our pride. So we may not stay life long friends but I feel we are both going to learn a lot from it. We are together for 12 weeks. So if I come home early you know why J Just kidding! I just learned I have to be careful what I ask her because she hates silence and so if it is quiet I have to treasure the time. Like yesterday we were walking and she look a little confused so I asked her if she knew where we were and she said yes. But that answer didn’t suffice HER so she had to tell a couple stories of when she was lost. It makes me laugh sometimes. I hope it doesn’t sound too negative. We get along for the most part. It some things we got to work through. Probably when I get use to things more and get what’s going on we will have a better time. Wow that was a lot of nothing. So I will tell you more about my mission. I am on a walking/bus mission. We take the bus to a lot of the homes we visit. And if the bus doesn’t go that way, either our zone leaders or mission couple drives us places. It is pretty convenient. About 4 days of the week we have members feeding us either lunch or dinner. It is hard for them to do it because the branch is so spread out that we have to find a ride over and the branch only has 120-200 members and it is split between us and elders. Yesterday was my first Sunday and the whole ward is so welcoming to the new missionaries. I love this branch. They had me come up and bare my testimony, it was great! The rest of the days we visited investigators and less actives. Great people. Then we went street contacting. Do not enjoy that at all. But we got to spread the word somehow. I let my companion do most the talking. But that is about it. I will send pictures soon. I need to figure all that out.
Enough about me. Sounds like back home some fun things are happening. Sad I didn’t get pictures of landon this week. Can’t believe that Chris and Kaeli got another dog and they didn’t even name it sis. Nicoll after me. I am not surprised that Kaeli spoke for 30 minutes instead of 15. hahah I wish I was there to hear it. She was always a great speaker. Hope your week this week is a great one also. I am always praying for you guys. But It was good to hear from Jennifer, Mom, and Dad. You guys are great. As you can tell my p-day is now on Monday. Letters are great!!! Keep them coming. Also don’t send any packages if you haven’t already. It costs so much. They said it is best to just send money. So you should do that instead. At least til Christmas. I am going to try and write letters today. My companion doesn’t really want to but that is too bad! I love you all sooooooo much!
Much Love,
Sister Nicoll

No comments:

Post a Comment