Monday, July 30, 2012


Sent:
Mon 7/30/12 7:11 AM

HEY!!!!!‏

Dearest Fam and Friends,

I am wearing jeans right now since we will be going out somewhere, not sure where because the Zone leaders are deciding. But It feels so wonderful to be in jeans!!! I love hearing from ya'll. Emails are great but I don't have too much time to read them but I do it. It costs to print them off so I just read them during my hour on the computer. So I am sorry if I do not answer all your questions. If I don't answer your questions send them again the next week and I will try to do it then. Okay sorry that was a lame beginning paragraph but I just wanted ya all to know :)THis week has been alot better with my companion. She still likes to talk or sing non-stop but I am learning to tune it out more. But sometimes I think I tune out when she says something important. So that is what I will be working on this week, tuning out at appropriate times :) She is becoming less stressed and I am learning more what to do. Still have our rough days, but who doesn't when you are with someone constantly? THis week we met with alot of members. I am getting to know most of them, which is wonderful. But that doesn't leave enough time to go out and find people. I think we both don't like going out finding and we find excuse to not. We will work on that too. haha. I still am very shy to talk to those on the street of course. But I hope to really try hard to do it more this week. Big act of faith. But faith without work is dead, right? :) I hope you like all the smily faces I put in the emails. I notice I do it alot :) :) :) haha Anyways..... Tuesday as Sister Jedlicoka and I were waiting for a bus, she stopped a man and talked about eternal families. THat peaked his interest and she gave him a book of mormon. He accepted it and for the first time on Saturday I gave the first discussion about the restoration. It went well and he is going to meet with us again this week. Super exciting! His name is Paul and found his strength in God 2 years ago as he gave up drinking. His story is really touching and I really like him! Most investigators cancel on us. So I have only met a few of them. BUt I should be meeting more this week. I love bearing my testimony to them. Not so much the people on the street but the people that let us in,  I do :) We went by another potential investigator the previous sisters met with. Her name is Sarah and she is really kind and has been searching things about our church for a bit and wants to learn more. I hope it is a sincere learning. She is great also. Really kind. Then met with a less active, Sister Smirnov who wants to go to the temple but has some concerns with it by what she has heard and seen about it. It broke my heart to hear what she has hear about the temple but we bore our testimonies about the temple and it looked like her heart was softening. She is one of the sweetest ladies I have met. So I really want to help her with it. The work is good. I am enjoying it  more and more as I get to understanding it more.
Dad, I just wanted to let you know that I love your example of missionary work and be strong in the church. I know we give you a hard time about it but now being a missionary I see how key members are to the work. I love you so much! You are the greatest. All of you are. But everyone take my dad's example in missionary work and GET INVOLVED!!! :)
Momma, I love you too! You have the greatest example of faith and love. I love you so much.
Amanda, Brent, Kaeli-Ann, and Chris- I could never ask for better siblings. Stay amazing! I love you all
Til next week,
Sister Nicoll

p.s. I had dinner with a member who is famous. Don't know his first name but he is Brother Botts. THey moved here for his schooling from utah. He was the bass player for Ryan Shupp? and the rubber band. They sang Dream big. Remember it? I thought it was neat. Look him up.

p.s.s Olympics are just as big here as in the usa. They think it is cool but not the hottest topic around. A couple times it was on the t.v. when we went to members homes. But we had to turn it off. Lame but obedience is the key :)

No comments:

Post a Comment