Monday, August 27, 2012

Hello to family and everyone who reads this! :)‏


Hey!
Lots of interesting and fun things to tell about this week! I am sure you are all wanting to know if I am moving or not... Well I will think about tell you that or not. So best part of this week is a lesson we had with a member! One of the members has been in the hospital alot because they were worried she has cancer ( just found out she doesn't). So one day while she was gone Sister Jelickova, a member from the ward, Sister Botts, and I went to their home to help clean it up. It was a lot of fun and Sister Botts is just one of the best people. SHe is the sweetest lady and so funny. Anyways after we cleaned we had a little lesson with her. It was about the Atonement and we read 3 Nephi 11 with her. She began to cry during it and she explained that these past couple weeks she has just been feeling distanced from the spirit. And she told us how she is so grateful for the missionaries and the spirit they bring into her life. It was so touching and really uplifted our spirits. It is wonderful to hear the work we are doing is appreciated by members! Then a funny but awkward story with one of our new investigators. His name is Mulu and he is from Etheopia(sp?). We met him on the street and he told us he wanted to learn more and so we all had time and told him that we could go to a near by park and talk with him. On the way over to the park we asked him what brought him over to Ireland, He simply answered seriously, "Find a white wife". Yep. Sister Jed and I looked at each other and just smiled. So we get to a park bench and Sister Jed sits on one end and Mulu sits on the other. And so I sit somewhat snug in the middle. AWKWARD! He loved to pat my arm and hand when he talked to let me know he was listening and understood what we were saying. Oh the joy of missionary work. He does sound sincere about the gospel and is taking it all in. We have met with him 2 other times and he has done alot better but still mentions we are pretty. So we may have the Elders teach him to see how serious he is about the gospel :) One last hightlight for this week. I got a massage!!! And it was for a service project. So neat. THere is this lady in our branch who had to get 50 hours of massaging to get her license and she asked if we would be willing. We were more then happy to help her out. :) It was a shoulder and face massage. So relaxing! That about covers this week.
So how the travel went from Scotland to Ireland! It was one of the longest days of my life. We a bus from the mission home to a ferry. We then got a ferry from Scottland to Ireland. For us to get from the ferry stop to Limerick we took about 4 different buses. I felt so motion sick. I slept or tried to sleep most the time. We left at 6 am and got to our flat around 10pm. Like I said.. Long day. But it was pretty good. Sometimes some fly over because it is cheaper. But since there were so many of us with heavy luggage, this way was cheaper.
We then too Okay so about moves......... If anyone skipped to this part first is lame! But last night we got the call that we would be staying in Limerick! I was pretty happy because I love all the people we work with! BUT this morning I got a phone call from President Brown asking if I would accept the call of moving to Dublin and working in a trio because one sister is have a hard time. She has been out for 12 weeks and is a little home sick. I told him no. I do not feel that is right. Just kidding I said yes! It was a bit hard because I will miss everyone here but I will go where I am needed! I leave Wednesday morning for Dublin. I love the work! Hard but good work!
Tell Josh and Cody hello for me! And I want to hear all about there coming home and how they are! Miss and love them! They are such great friends! Hope you all have a great week!!!!!
Love,
Sister Nicoll

No comments:

Post a Comment