Wednesday, January 2, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR YA'LL!!!!‏

Dear Family and Friends,

It is now 2013! Hope you all have some goals and resolutions set for the new year that will make you a better person and hopefully bring you closer to Christ! One of mine is finishing Jesus the Christ this year. I am now one page 3 and I started it in yesterday's study. Reason being I am really wanting to understand it and there are many words to look up but I have already loved it and know that I will understand the role Christ plays in all of our lives but specifically mine. I am excited!!!
The baptism this weekend was BEAUTIFUL! The spirit was so strong. I couldn't keep a smile from my face (nor would I want to) as I watch Victoria and her family that night. Sadly her dad decided to not come but the rest of the family was there. I got the opportunity to bare my testimony about baptism and speak specifically to her. Such a wonderful experience to congratulate someone on taking that great step forward into returning to our Heavenly Father. She was beaming all night long. I loved that evening. A prayer was answered for us that night. We have been having problems with the font and getting warm water, it has been freezing the last two baptisms that have taken place there. We prayed for it to be warm or for us to know how to make it bearable. So we set aside time for us to boil water and fill it up with warm water. Lo and behold our prayers were answered and the heater was working and the water was warm. It was also tinted green for some reason but warm nonetheless. I know it part of it was because we put for the effort and showed God that we were willing to put for the work to make this event wonderful. I was so happy about it all. Her confirmation blessing the next day was so sweet and powerful as well. I am so blessed and thankful to be apart of it all. 
Monday Gabrielle (recent convert) took us around town to see the sites and take us our for dinner for our p-day. She is so great. We had so much fun with taking pictures all around town, eating and hanging out at the huge disney store. Dublin is a great place to be! Oh which reminds me... moves call.... I am staying here in Dublin with Sister Garlock. We are super excited!!!! I love her alot and know it will be good to stay with each other and learn more! By the end of this transfer it will be 6 months in Dublin. Not too bad! :) 
Yesterday was so much fun! We went to a member named Sharon and her daughter Stacie's house. We had a yummy lunch and a good game of chess and then headed over to Babs. There we watched Heavyweights (still love that movie everytime) and then had a dance party to church music of course, enjoyed a great meal and each others company. Great start to the new year! That is all I have to really say for now! I love you all! Here is a quote that I read from an amazing article, that I love.
"When he says 'come follow me' he means that he knows where the quicksand is and where the thorns are and the best way to handle the slippery slope near the summit of our personal mountains. He knows it all, and he knows the way, he is the way."
           "Come Unto Me" Elder Jeffery R. Holland Ensign April 1998





Love, Sister Ashlee Nicoll

No comments:

Post a Comment