Monday, November 26, 2012

WHAT A WEEK!!!!


Hello Family and Friends,

What a week it has been! It has felt much longer than a week since I last emailed. The week has gone by very very slow. Not in a totally bad way but let's just say I am pretty happy it is p-day and that we have a fun evening planned with the Eneh Family ( African family that is super fun and cooks really well)
 . 
Let's start from the beginning. Monday the highlight was meeting with the Flanagan family who is investigating the church. It is a father, son(21) and daughter(19). We haven't been able to see them since last Monday but hope to get in touch with them real soon. Tuesday we spent seeing people that Sister Peterson wanted to see and one potential that was not home. It was a good day. That night I spent the night at the senior couple's home because my comp. didn't come in til 6 pm Wednesday. I stayed the night with Sister Millward there because she is a trainer and so she stayed with them that night so they could take her to the airport early the next morning to fly out to Edinburgh. We had a blast together! We had to take her to the airport at 4:50 am on Wednesday. I never was that fond of that time of morning. But thankfully I was able to go back and sleep for a bit. The rest of the day was spent getting to know Elder and Sister Hicks. They are a very sweet couple and she is an amazing cook. I am excited for the YSA meals she will make. But that was a pretty slow day but nice little break. We then went into town and picked up Sister Garlock! She is a great missionary. We have only been together for 4 days and I have already learned a lot from her. She goes home in February and most likely we will stay together til then but that is what I thought about Sister Peterson and look how that turned out :) But I like her a lot and I feel she will help me enjoy my mission even more. She is very positive and motivated. I like it and I can tell the ward is taking to her really well. As for getting around town.... we are doing quite well. I am pleased with how much the Lord helps us out here. I know He is helping me remember more then I thought I ever would. We only got lost twice and it was for a maximum of 5 minutes. Of course much of our nightly and companionship study is focused on bus times and routes but yep I feel alot better about it all! :) Thursday we had thanksgiving with the Zortmans (American family). They are a lot of fun and treated us well. They confessed that they never make their own thanksgiving dinner. They usually order out. They decided to try making it this year. hahah it did not turn out as planned and it solidified their decision to order in from now on haha :) but it was good. We told them we would make something and Bro. Zortman said deviled eggs. Well we waited til last minute and we could not go shopping and neither of us knew the recipe. So we called a member to help us out. Come to find out we had no mayo or a couple other ingredients. We still attempted and improvised somethings.... haha it turn out crumbily and ugly. But we still took them and acted proud. They still made fun of us. The wife even told us, "don't worry about it, you don't have to cook to get married" That was comforting. It was a great thanksgiving though :) The rest of the week is a bit of a blur but it has gone well. Last night was the first time that it rained a lot and was super windy. Looks like winter is starting. Not too bad yet! Well I love you all and am sorry if I forgot anything. Hope all is well! Christmas in one month! Love this season. It is the best when we focus on Christ and all those around us. 
Lots of love,
Sister Ashlee Nicoll  
P.s. CONGRATS CALLI ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sister Garlock and I last night after walking home in the rain

No comments:

Post a Comment