Friday, June 7, 2013

“Let the light so shine”

Monday, June 3, 2013

Dear Family and Friends,
This week we have been soaking up as much sunshine as we can. I think about 4 out of the 7 days was sunny. One day it was so warm we didn't need a coat. Lovely! As for the work... not so positive this week. We were on exchanges Tuesday-Thursday and I served in Falkirk with Sister Caswell(she has been out for 1 and half weeks) and guess what? Ever appointment fell through besides one. It was humbling because I realized how well we had it and how much the Lord was helping us up to that point. So it was a good 3 days of finding. Which is something we got to do more of because 2 of our investigators are no longer learning because they are not keeping commitments or doing anything to try and know for themselves and progress toward baptism. BUT I am still loving Falkirk and the work. Sometimes we just need these weeks to be humbled and push us to work . Something from study that I loved is a story in Preach My Gospel about testimonies.

Brigham Young was not baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
during the first year of his learning about the restored gospel. But of his conversion he said:
“If all the talent, tact, wisdom, and refinement of the world had been sent to me with the
Book of Mormon, and had declared, in the most exalted of earthly eloquence, the truth of
it, undertaking to prove it by learning and worldly wisdom, they would have been to me
like smoke which arises only to vanish away. But when I saw a man without eloquence
or talents for public speaking, who could only say, ‘I know by the power of the Holy Ghost
that the Book of Mormon is true, that Joseph Smith is a Prophet of the Lord,’ the Holy
Ghost proceeding from that individual illuminated my understanding, and a light, glory,
and immortality were before me. I was encircled by them, filled with them, and I knew
for myself that the testimony of the man was true”

Never underestimate the power of your testimony plus the witness of the Holy Ghost. I love you all and have a great week by serving someone in need :)
Love,

Sister Nicoll

No comments:

Post a Comment