Monday, July 1, 2013

Adjustments!

Hello Family and Friends,
 
Lots of changes this week, at least it feels like. It is funny how everytime on the mission when you start to getting comfortable, things tend to change on you. It is a good thing in the end.. I have learned that much :) By the end of 3 months, Sister Ricks and I were doing real well and were on the same page for just about everything. Now it is onto adjusting with a new companion and learning each others ways. Just like every other move. But my new companion, Sister Powell, is a great sister. She has really come out prepared. She really knows the doctrine and is ready to work. She loves talking to everyone. She does bus contacting which I am still hesitant on. She was given the challenge to invite someone to baptism by Sunday and she did it to a young couple on the bus. They kindly declined but she is ready to go. I love it :) She is from Rexburg Idaho and she actually lived near and knows an Elder that we serve with in the Branch. So funny to think that they met up again in SCOTLAND! Which did you know that I am currently in Scotland. Probably one of my most favorite places EVER! I really am so blessed to serve here. It is absolutely gorgeous and the people are very real with us. If they don't like things you are doing or sharing with them, they let us know. They are super funny as well and have great sense of humours. Just happy I am serving here. And also grateful to serve in Ireland as well. Much of my heart with always be there and with the people there.
I mostly rambled on about that because there is not much to report about this week. So I will do a brief overview :) Monday and Tuesday Sister Ricks and I went around and let her say her goodbyes. She had a great impact on the people here. She is a great missionary. We got to see Kirsty and Nicky again. I love them. Also had our last lunch at McDonald's. Kind of love that place. Then Wednesday woke up at 5am (still don't like mornings) and went to the mission home so Sister Ricks could leave to Glasgow. Lots of things made all the plans back up and 25 new missionaries came in this transfer so it was a bit busy. But we got to climb Pratt's hill again and got time up there looking over Edinburgh, to rededicate myself to the work. Love that peaceful time! We got home about 8:45 pm. Long day. The rest of the week has been finding and having Sister Powell meet the people we are working with. A few less actives we have been working with came to church. They looked so happy and enjoyed it. They want to return to the temple, so they are working their way there. I love them. We have a few people we met last week that we hope to see again this week. One kind of funny story. Sister Powell stopped a man while we were waiting for a bus. He started talking to us and I could tell he was pretty drunk but she didn't. He ended up getting on the same bus as us and sitting by us. He tried talking to me but I just gave short answers because he really didn't know what we were talking about but Sister Powell was talking up a storm with him. He ended up telling us about his whole life and it was getting awkward. When we got of the bus, he got off with us. We gave him a pamphlet andmormon.org card. He got teary eyed and kissed our hands and stumbled away. I asked Sister Powell if she knew he was drunk. She didn't have a clue. She felt embarrassed because she can tell now. hahahhahah It was funny. Probably had to be there. But who knows he could get in contact with missionaries and really be ready but for now not sure he knew what we were talking about. I got to talk in church yesterday and I don't get too nervous anymore. God really is blessing me. I love being a missionary. Hope your week is well!!!!!!!!
Love,
Sister Nicoll

No comments:

Post a Comment